Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do you have to provide your own shoes? Yes, ALL shoes are provided by the customer. For out of town customers (outside of the Washington D.C. metropolitan area) arrangements can be made with the artist. Please note, all customized items to include shoes are provided by the customer. Turnaround time for all custom shoes is 7-10 business days. JaybirdsArt offers expedited custom shoes with a turnaround time of 3-5 business days for an additional $50 fee, shoes must be received before 12 noon. The expedited fee must be paid upfront and does not include shipping for out of town orders (outside of the Washington DC metropolitan area).
2. What type of photographs are required for canvas art? ALL photos must be clear and free from filters. Photographs are provided by the customer (preferably digital/electronic). Turnaround time for all canvas art/stylized portraits is 4-6 weeks.
3. Do I have to pay up front? FULL payment is due up front for all items except murals. 50% of the total mural cost is due upfront, with the remaining balance due no later than 72 hours prior to the date the mural is to be completed. For customers who do not have pictures or photographic ideas for their mural and require a design by the artist, there is a $150 design fee. The design fee is included in the deposit and will not be refunded in the event the artist completes a design and the customer cancels (design fee is nonrefundable). Three edits are allotted during the design phase.
4. Am I entitled to a refund? All items are hand painted and uniquely designed for each customer. Refunds are not honored for any customized items (i.e. shoes, clothing articles, helmets etc.). Mural deposits are refundable up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled mural completion date. A cancellation date will be provided by the artist when the date to complete the mural is identified. In the event the customer requires a mural design by the artist, all but the $150 design fee will be refunded to the customer. If the customer fails to cancel prior to the cancellation date, the deposit is forfeited and will not be refunded.
5. Are copies of the "Blue Series" available for purchase? Unfortunately, at the present time copies are not available.
6. Does JaybirdsArt offer private art lessons? Yes, private and small group art lessons are available. Please see the price list for details and pricing.
7. Does JaybirdsArt offer Sip and Paint parties? No, JaybirdsArt no longer offers Sip and Paint parties.
8. What forms of payments are accepted? JaybirdsArt accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Cash App, corporate checks and cash. Personal checks are not accepted.